It’s Summertime, so my rolls addiction is back on with new favorite flavors! Since it’s strawberry season too, I couldn’t miss the opportunity to make these gorgeous Strawberry Rolls! Strawberry Rolls are so delicious, naturally sweet and oh so soft!
So I have laryngitis since last Thursday…it’s quite painful and the pills I get for make me soo sleepy; that way this post is so late. The point is instead of resting, sleeping, and healing I’ve made these delicious little rolls…I know it’s stupid and probably reckless, but that wonderful sweet smell of the baking rolls just worth it!
I love to make seasonal desserts and dishes (however I think I make way too many desserts lately), also I love to make food from home-grown ingredients – who doesn’t?! -. So that’s why I was so happy to see all those gorgeous strawberries in the last few weeks and the sweet cherries this week in my garden.
It’s a simple recipe, however not really quick unless you buy the dough in store, but since I love to make my own dough, it took me some time.
Besides the strawberry rolls, I made some simple cream cheese frosting using: cream cheese (I used mascarpone, ’cause I love its thickness and sweetness) and powder/icing sugar.
- 1 cup warm Milk
- 2 pack Instant Yeast
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil
- 2 lightly beaten Eggs
- 1 pinch Salt
- 4 cup Flour
- 1 cup Strawberry
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Vanilla, Cinnamon
- 1 cup Milk * Optional
- Add the 2 pack of instant yeast and the sugar to the warm milk, let it rise for about 10-15 minutes.
- While you wait for the yeast to rise cook the strawberry with the sugar, the vanilla, and cinnamon. It took about 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut oil, the lightly beaten egg, the pinch of salt and the flour to the risen yeast.
- Knead it for about 5 minutes, until the dough is smooth, and feels elastic. Let it rest for 30-45 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to about 1 cm thickness.
- Spread the strawberry sauce on the dough.
- Roll it, then cut it up.
- Put the rolls in a greased pan.
- Bake it on middle-low heat for about 35-45 minute.
- *Optional: I poured a cup of milk on the rolls before I get them out, but after I turned off the oven. It made the rolls softer.
- What is your favorite seasonal dessert/dish?
- What is your favorite rolls flavor?
- Do you rather make or buy rolls?
- Do you rather make or buy dough?
Next time I’ll share a divine cinnamon rolls recipe! Until then, check out last year’s rolls:
- Raisin Cherry Cream Rolls
- S’mores Rolls
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Christmas Recap with Recipes
- Stuffed dinner rolls
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also, check these recipes out!
- Healthy New Year, Healthier You – Healthy Snacks
- Baby Spinach Pesto – Pesto Pizza
- Green Tea Healthy Gummies with Honey Lemon Ginger
- Adagio Tea Review
- Spicy Stuffed Mushroom