Quinoa with Creamy Mushroom Chicken Sauce is a simple, delicious and filling meal. If you make the quinoa and the sauce simultaneously, it’s a quick meal too!
It looks like I’m really late for the quinoa-hype train, but better later than never, I’m on! When I bought it, I’ll be honest, I was afraid it’d taste awful, but the taste is so neutral, it’s perfect!
The sauce is a simple, flavored bechamel sauce with sliced chicken breasts and halved mushrooms.
If you’ve been here before and seen any of my dinner recipes, you know I really don’t like complicated meals for dinner, that takes forever to make and make a huge mess. So this recipe is no exception to that, and I hope you’ll like it.
Quinoa with Creamy Mushroom Chicken Sauce
- 1 pack of Quinoa
- 1 large clove of Garlic (or two smaller)
- 1 purple Onion
- 1 pair of Chicken Breasts (without bone and skin)
- ½ jar of Button Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 Bouillon Cube
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg, turmeric, and parsley to taste
- Prepare the quinoa according to the package. Add a bouillon cube to the water before you mix them. (I used 1 part of quinoa and 3 part of the water)
- While it's getting puffed up, make the sauce.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- While it's melting, dice the onion and crush the garlic with a garlic press.
- Add the onion and the garlic to the melting butter. Let them soften over medium heat. (Be careful, the garlic burns quickly)
- In the meanwhile, slice the chicken breasts and halve the small button mushrooms.
- Add the seasoning to the butter, if the onion softened enough, add the chicken slices and the halved mushrooms.
- Stir it until most of the chicken slices turns white.
- Sprinkle the flour on the chicken and mix them well.
- Pour the milk over, mix it. (The chicken slices may make it a little harder, but it's easier if you push them away and mix the milk in between the slices)
- Let it cook for about 10-15 minutes (depends on the size of your slices, but to be sure, cut a bigger slice in the middle and see if no pink part left in).
- Pour the quinoa into a plate and top it with the sauce, serve it hot.
Pin it for later!
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also, check these recipes out!
- Healthy New Year, Healthier You – Healthy Snacks
- Baby Spinach Pesto – Pesto Pizza
- Green Tea Healthy Gummies with Honey Lemon Ginger
- Adagio Tea Review
- Spicy Stuffed Mushroom
- Halloween Ghost Marshmallow Apple Pear Pie
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Cinnamon Honey Sauce
- Homemade Caramel Sauce
- Hot Butterbeer – Caramel Latte
- Pumpkin Parfait With Sesame Praline