Fancy and delicious Pumpkin Parfait With Sesame Praline. Simple and quick dessert recipe with pumpkin spice pumpkin purée, mascarpone cream, and crunchy sesame praline.
Autumn is finally here, which means cozy time, hot drinks, comfort food, colors and delicious pumpkin desserts!
Roasted pumpkin is one, if not the most favorite autumn treat! I usually only add some honey or brown sugar to it, but this year finally I tried out pumpkin spice! I clearly see why people love pumpkin and pumpkin spice everything, it’s wonderful and warm, perfect for autumn!
I chose mascarpone cream (mascarpone and whipped cream) because it balances the sweetness of the pumpkin purée and adds a little sourness to our pumpkin parfait.
- Substitutes for mascarpone cream: greek yogurt, cool whip, coconut cream, vanilla pudding
Finally, all the parfait need is some crunch, that’s why I chose praline.
- Substitutes for praline: granola, graham cracker or any other crushed biscuits!
- Substitutes for sesame seed: pumpkin seed, peanut, walnut, cashew, pecan, almond etc…
The result is a light, yet warming dessert pumpkin parfait. The pumpkin purée adds the warmness, the mascarpone cream adds the sourness and the sesame praline adds the crunchiness.
Pumpkin Parfait With Sesame Praline
- 2 cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Mascarpone
- 1/2 cup Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seed
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1 Lemon's Zest
- 1 tsp Ginger
Pour the sugar into a saucepan and add the butter.
Spread the sesame seed to a tray or silicone mat.
Heat the sugar with the butter until it turns into caramel.
Pour the caramel over the sesame seed! Let it cool. It'll be the praline /Always be very carefull, when you work with hot sugar!/
Mix the pumpkin purée with the pumpkin spice and the grated ginger.
Whip the whipping cream.
Mix the whipped cream with the mascarpone and add the lemon zest!
Carefully break the praline to smaller and bigger pieces.
Layer the pumpkin purée, the mascarpone cream and the praline to 4 glasses. You can use a spoon or for less mess, use piping bags!
Finish with mascarpone cream and decorate with the praline
You can make the pumpkin purée yourself like I did, but to save time, you can buy a can of pumpkin purée. If you want to skip the spicing, just buy pumpkin pie filling.
PIN FOR LATER!
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also check these recipes out!
- Hungarian Cottage Cheese Noodles
- Avocado Caprese Salad
- Blood Orange Elderflower Cake
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Oat Waffles
- What is your favorite praline?
- Pumpkin spice everything yay or nay?
- Favorite pumpkin meal/dish/treat?
- What is your favorite thing about Autumn?
- Do you have ‘to do’ list for Autumn? If so, what’s the top 3 on it?