These Hungarian Fried Bread Dumplings are crunchy on the outside, and soft on the inside! They make such a great and filling side dish!
They made out of small bread pieces and the Hungarian dumpling mixture. You can season it as you want, but I used bacon pieces, parsley, and fried onion.
Hungarian Fried Bread Dumplings – Blogmas 2017 Day 18
- 5-6 Bread Rolls
- 4 cups Flour
- 2 large Eggs
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 - 1½ cup Water
- ¼ cup Oil
- 1 cup diced Bacon
- ½ cup Fried Onion Pieces
- Boil salty water in a large pot.
- Cut or tear the bread rolls into small/tiny pieces.
- Mix the eggs, salt, and oil.
- Pour this mixture into the flour.
- Start mixing it and slowly add the water. You maybe need more or less water, depends on the flour.
- You need a thick and sticky dough.
- Fold the small bread pieces in the sticky dough.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into the boiling water! It's easier to use 2 spoons, but be very careful not to burn yourself! (It's possible that some of the smaller pieces float apart from the dumpling)
- Cook them for 10-15 minutes, then scoop them out and let them drain a little.
- Fry them in hot oil.
Pin it for later
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also, check these recipes out!
- Healthy New Year, Healthier You – Healthy Snacks
- Baby Spinach Pesto – Pesto Pizza
- Green Tea Healthy Gummies with Honey Lemon Ginger
- Adagio Tea Review
- Spicy Stuffed Mushroom
- Halloween Ghost Marshmallow Apple Pear Pie
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Cinnamon Honey Sauce
- Homemade Caramel Sauce
- Hot Butterbeer – Caramel Latte
- Pumpkin Parfait With Sesame Praline