These Hungarian Fried Bread Dumplings are crunchy on the outside, and soft on the inside! They make such a great and filling side dish!
They made out of small bread pieces and the Hungarian dumpling mixture. You can season it as you want, but I used bacon pieces, parsley, and fried onion.
Hungarian Fried Bread Dumplings – Blogmas 2017 Day 18
- 5-6 Bread Rolls
- 4 cups Flour
- 2 large Eggs
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 - 1½ cup Water
- ¼ cup Oil
- 1 cup diced Bacon
- 1/2 cup Fried Onion Pieces
Boil salty water in a large pot.
Cut or tear the bread rolls into small/tiny pieces.
Mix the eggs, salt, and oil.
Pour this mixture into the flour.
Start mixing it and slowly add the water. You maybe need more or less water, depends on the flour.
You need a thick and sticky dough.
Fold the small bread pieces in the sticky dough.
Let it rest for 5 minutes.
Spoon the mixture into the boiling water! It's easier to use 2 spoons, but be very careful not to burn yourself! (It's possible that some of the smaller pieces float apart from the dumpling)
Cook them for 10-15 minutes, then scoop them out and let them drain a little.
Fry them in hot oil.
Pin it for later
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also, check these recipes out!
- Healthy New Year, Healthier You – Healthy Snacks
- Baby Spinach Pesto – Pesto Pizza
- Green Tea Healthy Gummies with Honey Lemon Ginger
- Adagio Tea Review
- Spicy Stuffed Mushroom
- Halloween Ghost Marshmallow Apple Pear Pie
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Cinnamon Honey Sauce
- Homemade Caramel Sauce
- Hot Butterbeer – Caramel Latte
- Pumpkin Parfait With Sesame Praline