The Hungarian Focaccia Pizza aka Kenyérlángos is a traditional, old Hungarian meal, originally made in a furnace. As the English name, I gave it hints, it’s somewhere between the Focaccia and the Pizza.
When I started writing this post I realized I can’t really translate the word Kenyérlángos. The word Kenyérlángos is created from two words: kenyér – bread and lángos – fried dough.
Obviously I couldn’t translate it as bread-fried-dough…it sounds horrible and what’s more, it isn’t even fried. So, I tried to think of what it’s most similar to, that’s how I ended up with the Focaccia Pizza.
The dough is most similar to a Focaccia, but the topping is most similar to a Pizza.
When you decided to give it a try, you can change the toppings (like I did a bit), but the traditional Hungarian Focaccia Pizza – Kenyérlángos is topped with sour cream, cream cheese, red onion, and bacon. I added olives and mushrooms too, just because my family loves them, but you can personalize it to your preferences.
Hungarian Focaccia Pizza – Kenyérlángos
Hungarian Focaccia Pizza - Kenyérlángos
- 12.35 oz Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Warm Water
- 0.88 oz Fresh Yeast
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream or Creme Fraiche
- 10 oz. Cream Cheese
- Chopped mix green herbs to taste: parsley chives, rosemary,
- 1/2 pack Diced Bacon Pieces the ones for pizza topping
- 1 medium-sized Red Onion
- 1/4 cup Olives
- 1/2 cup Sliced Mushroom
- Rise the yeast in the half of the warm water. It takes about 5 minutes.
- It the meanwhile mix the sour cream or cream fraiche with the cream cheese and the herbs.
- Dice or slice the onions, if you need slice the mushrooms and halve or slice the olives.
- When the yeast it's risen mix it with the salt, the other half of the warm water, and flour with a wooden spoon. Let it rise - and double - for about 20-30 minutes in a warm place.
- When it's risen, put the dough in a baking pan, spread it evenly.
- Spread the mixed cream on the dough, then add the toppings.
- Bake it on medium-high heat (190-200°C, 374-392°F) for 30-40 minutes.
Pin it for later
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also, check these recipes out!
- Healthy New Year, Healthier You – Healthy Snacks
- Baby Spinach Pesto – Pesto Pizza
- Green Tea Healthy Gummies with Honey Lemon Ginger
- Adagio Tea Review
- Spicy Stuffed Mushroom