The Hungarian Cottage Cheese Noodles is a wonderful heartwarming comfort food. It’s a noodle dish topped with cottage cheese, sour cream, fried bacon bits, and sometimes grated cheese.
*This post contains advertisements or affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission if you buy any products that have been linked to on this post. It will not affect the prices of the items.*
Now this recipe is far from healthy, but it’s unbelievably delicious and it’s a Hungarian traditional meal. I know this meal as long as I remember and this was one of the very first recipes I learned to cook.
The sourness of the sour cream, cottage cheese, and the cheese balances the fatty, salty bacon bits and creates a delicious topping for the noodles or pasta.The Hungarian Cottage Cheese Noodles is a wonderful heartwarming comfort food. It's a noodle dish topped with cottage cheese, sour cream, fried bacon bits, and sometimes grated cheese. Click To Tweet
Besides that it’s really mouth-watering, the Hungarian Cottage Cheese Noodles is ready within minutes. Cooking the noodles/pasta takes the longest in this recipe, so if you have leftover noodles/pasta, this meal is ready in about 3-5 minutes (including heating the noodles/pasta).
Hungarian Cottage Cheese Noodles
- 3 cups Noodle of your choice uncooked
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup Cheese grated * Optional
- 4-5 Bacon Stripe
- 1 tsp Salt Pepper
Boil water for the noodle. Salt the water!
Mix the sour cream with the cottage cheese.
Dice the bacon stripes to bite size pieces.
Fry them on and stir them constantly to avoid burning.
Cook the noodle.
Place the fried bacon bits to paper towel to absorb any excess fat.
Drain your noodles.
Serve the noodles with the sour cream and cottage cheese mixture, then sprinkle it with the grated cheese and bacon bits.
Pin it for later!
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also, check these recipes out!
- Healthy New Year, Healthier You – Healthy Snacks
- Baby Spinach Pesto – Pesto Pizza
- Green Tea Healthy Gummies with Honey Lemon Ginger
- Adagio Tea Review
- Spicy Stuffed Mushroom
- Halloween Ghost Marshmallow Apple Pear Pie
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Cinnamon Honey Sauce
- Homemade Caramel Sauce
- Hot Butterbeer – Caramel Latte
- Pumpkin Parfait With Sesame Praline
- Favorite pasta/noodle dish?
- What is your favorite, traditional comfort food?
- Bacon bits in dinner/lunch?
- What is your favorite quick dinner meal?