Hungarian Cabbage and Noodles aka Káposztás Tészta is another heart and soul-warming comfort dish we all know and love. It’s made of delicious sautéed cabbage, caramelized onion and well seasoned with salt and pepper. Simple and filling!
*This post contains advertisements or affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission if you buy any products that have been linked to on this post. It will not affect the prices of the items.*
However it’s origin is still debated between the nearby countries, no one doubts how tasty it is!
It’s the perfect combination of the comforts of the noodles, the taste,
So, if you have a little time on your hand to dice and sauté the cabbage, you definitely should try this out!
There are many versions of the Cabbage and Noodles, so if you want to add some extra to your noodles, here are some examples:
- Fried bacon bits
- Fried sausage slices
- Hungarian sweet smoked red paprika
- Sour cream
- Sweet peas
- Egg (scrambled or sunny side up)
Personally, I put a little sour cream on top, but everyone has different preferences when it comes to Cabbage and Noodles.
Hungarian Cabbage and Noodles – Káposztás Tészta
Hungarian Cabbage and Noodles
- 1 medium size Cabbage
- 1 medium size Onion
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups Water
- 4 servings Large Square Noodles cooked
- Peel the thicker, outer leaves of the cabbage.
- Halve the cabbage, then core it.
- Cut the cabbage into 1″x1″ pieces.
- Dice the onion.
- Heat a little oil in a larger pan.
- Sauté the onion and the cabbage until the cabbage softens.
- Season it when it’s softened. (If you salt the cabbage before it’s cooked it may harden)
- Mix the sautéed cabbage with the cooked large square noodles.
Pin it for later!
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also, check these recipes out!