Hot autumn, winter beverage; inspired by J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World’s Butterbeer, but for the Muggles, it’s a Caramel Latte! This heavenly beverage will warm your heart, body, and soul and brings a little magic to your life!
The autumn is officially here! We woke up to a rainy, foggy and cold morning, everything is gray outside. So since it’s Sunday, I decided this day is gonna be a lazy, cozy stay-in-bed day. All I need is popcorn, a movie (it’s gonna be Strange Magic) and something absolutely comforting, soul-warming drink and all I could think of is Butterbeer.
It’s my version of Butterbeer, so please save the “It’s not even a real Butterbeer recipe” comments. This is how I imagine the heavenly delicious and hot Butterbeer. I’ve been making this ever since I first saw the movie and my mother told us the Harry Potter stories (I wasn’t really a book-worm back then, so that’s why I wasn’t reading it…). We all sat around the family table in the kitchen, eating the dinner and drinking the Butterbeer, listening about Harry, about the death eaters, about the spells and all the adventures, about a magical, wizarding world. Drinking a beverage from the book made it more magical, so that’s why this recipe is close to my heart.
All in all, this is not the original Butterbeer recipe, but this is the real recipe for me, that brings back the magic from my childhood, that still warms my whole heart, body, and soul! I hope you’ll like it!
Hot Butterbeer – Caramel Latte
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Cinnamon and Vanilla (it can be extract or seeds) to taste
- Turmeric for the color
- Heat the milk.
- Add the butter, the sugar to a saucepan and start to caramelize it. When it turns golden, add the cinnamon, the vanilla, and the turmeric.
- Caution! This step can be dangerous, please be very careful! So now pour a little milk onto the caramel, it'll bubble up, please watch out and don't burn yourself! Stir it and until the large bubbles turn into a foam, then add the rest of the milk.
- Stir it for a few more minutes, then serve it hot!
I decorated it with green and silver straws in the honor of my Hogwarts house, the Slytherin House.
Tip: The turmeric gives it a lovely color, the cinnamon spice the whole drink and the caramel makes it so warming and magical (at least it does for me.)!
Pin it for later
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also, check these recipes out!
- Healthy New Year, Healthier You – Healthy Snacks
- Baby Spinach Pesto – Pesto Pizza
- Green Tea Healthy Gummies with Honey Lemon Ginger
- Adagio Tea Review
- Spicy Stuffed Mushroom
- Have you ever made Butter Beer?
- What is your version of it?
- Did J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World give you magical, happy memories? I’d be happy to hear it all!
- What’s your Hogwarts house?