Homemade Caramel Sauce is sticky, gooey, super delicious and absolutely simple to make at home! Whether you need it in your coffee or on top of your dessert, Homemade Caramel Sauce is a perfect choice!
When autumn finally arrives, I instantly start craving for autumnal foods and drinks, Homemade Caramel Sauce is one of my absolute autumn favorites! I love its versatility, I love how quickly and simply I can make a jar full of it and I absolutely love that I can store it in the fridge for weeks!
Homemade Caramel Sauce
- 2 cup Sugar
- 1½ cup Butter
- 1¾ cup Heavy Cream
- Optional: 1-2 tsp Salt or Vanilla or Pumpkin Spice
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar bring them together with constant stirring.
- Slowly and very carefully pour the heavy cream in with constant stirring. (It'll bubble because of the cold heavy cream!)
- Let it cook and thicken for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool. Don't worry if it still looks thin when you remove from the heat, it'll thicken as it cools!
- Store it in a fridge!
Pin it for later
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also, check these recipes out!
- Healthy New Year, Healthier You – Healthy Snacks
- Baby Spinach Pesto – Pesto Pizza
- Green Tea Healthy Gummies with Honey Lemon Ginger
- Adagio Tea Review
- Spicy Stuffed Mushroom