Spicy and Healthy Baked French Fries with crispy outside and creamy inside is perfect side-dish. It’s a freezer friendly recipe, so you can make them ahead and just pop them in the oven when you need them!
I’m back from my vacation and I have to tell you it was fantastic! The weather was just perfect, for the beach, it’s sunny, for excursion, it’s a bit colder and cloudier! On the vacation I decided to rather just enjoy my time than taking pictures of everything so there’s no big vacation gallery to show. However I ate some unbelievably delicious meal, so those will most likely inspire some of my recipes in the future!
Also now I’m excited about my big news (from last post), yet I’m afraid a bit. So the big news is I’ll be back to school from September. It’ll makes blogging a bit difficult, but I hope I’ll be able to cope with it. So from September I’ll have my full-time job, my part-time blog and I’ll be a correspondent uni student.
I’d be grateful for some tips and advice!
But now back for the delicious and well-seasoned Baked French Fries!
I found it easier to make than I originally thought and I only have two secret to make it so tasty!
- Soak the potato stripes in cold water for at least 10-15 minute and changed the water half time. This way you wash the excess starch off the stripes and they won’t stick to the baking sheet and together. Makes sure you dry them afterward with paper towels.
- I seasoned them before I baked them. The salt in my season mix help the french fries to develop its gorgeous golden color. Also I believe my spices infuse my french fries with that perfect taste while they’re in the oven.
If you want to freeze them for later, now it’s the time to do it, just after you spiced them. For freezing, use a tray and make it sure you left enough space between the fries, so they can freeze nice and quick separately. After they freeze, put them in a Ziploc and store them in the freezer.
Just like I’ve already explained in my (most popular) Perfect Oven Fried Chicken recipe, I terrible with hot oven, pans, oil…generally with anything hot. So that’s why I try my best to avoid frying in oil and I bake instead. Also not negligible that it’s way healthier this way and you avoid the stinky oil smoke!
Baked French Fries
- 4 large Potatoes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Parsley
- ½ tsp Chili powder/flakes
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Hungarian Smoked Red Paprika
- ¼ tsp Basil
- ¼ tsp Oregano
- ¼ tsp Rosemary
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- Peel and slice the potatoes.
- Soak in cold water for 10-15 minutes and change the water half time.
- Pre heat the oven.
- Dry the potato stripes.
- Mix every spice in a spice grinder.
- When the stripes are dry, season them well.
- Put them on a baking sheet. Drizle a tablespoon of oil on them. Make sure you leave enough space between the potato stripes so they won't cook instead of baking.
- Bake them on medium heat (about 325°F to 374° or 162°C to 190°C) for 20-25 minutes.
PIN FOR LATER!
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also check these recipes out!
- Crispy Fried Fish with Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Baby Spinach Pesto – Pesto Pizza
- Green Tea Healthy Gummies with Honey Lemon Ginger
- Hungarian Cottage Cheese Noodles
- Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms
Don’t forget to subscribe to my Newsletter to keep updated to
Anna Can Do It! Blog
PS.: Tomorrow it’s our 9th anniversary with my Fiancé, I’m so excited! 🙂