Nokedli or Galuska – Hungarian Dumplings, is a wonderful side dish. We usually serve it with Chicken Paprikás (Chicken Paprikash) or Beef Stew. However it’s a simple and so-so delicious dish, it takes a little longer to make than cooking pasta.
*This post contains advertisements or affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission if you buy any products that have been linked to on this post. It will not affect the prices of the items.*
Just like my Hungarian Jam Filled Crackling Slippers, galuska or nokedli has several ways to make and several names. Our cuisines, here in Central/Eastern Europe, fused hundreds of years ago so that’s why we have similar dishes. You find Galuska under the following names: nokedli, spätzle, spaetzle, spätzli.
Galuska – Hungarian Dumplings
- 4 cups Flour
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Oil
Boil salty water in a large pot.
Mix the eggs, salt, and oil.
Pour this mixture into the flour.
Start mixing it and slowly add the water. You maybe need more or less water, depends on the flour.
You need a thick and sticky dough.
Add your dough (1/2-3/4 cup at a time) to the galuska (spaetzle) maker.
Cut and let the dough drop in the boiling water by sliding the part you put the dough in, on the colander-like part.
Stir it from time to time, so they won’t stick together.
Cook them for about 10-15 minutes or until the galuskas floating on the surface for 2-3 minutes.
Drain them and serve them hot.
All you have to do is to add your flavor choice of the following flavors to your dough and enjoy the versatility of Galuska – Hungarian Dumplings!
- Turmeric – it makes the dough even more delicious and also, golden color.
- Spinach – it makes the dough healthier, a great way to eat your greens, also it adds gorgeous color.
- Basil – it adds the dough a wonderful, aromatic, fresh taste.
- Chive – just like basil, it adds a wonderful and fresh taste to the dough.
Pin it for later!
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also, check these recipes out!
- Healthy New Year, Healthier You – Healthy Snacks
- Baby Spinach Pesto – Pesto Pizza
- Green Tea Healthy Gummies with Honey Lemon Ginger
- Adagio Tea Review
- Spicy Stuffed Mushroom
- Halloween Ghost Marshmallow Apple Pear Pie
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Cinnamon Honey Sauce
- Homemade Caramel Sauce
- Hot Butterbeer – Caramel Latte
- Pumpkin Parfait With Sesame Praline