Light, crispy outside, soft and delicious inside; it’s the Fried Pangasius Fillet!
Oh my, we’re halfway through the challenge! So last week’s theme was ‘Lean protein’, the first thing popped in my mind was fish! I wanted to try out a yummy, but healthy fish recipe and since I’m not fan of freshwater fish, I chose pangasius, but you can choose any other fish you like!
- 2 Pangasius Fillet
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp grated Ginger
- Salt, pepper, cayenne
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 smaller Eggs
- Cut the 2 fillet in 4 or 8 pieces.
- Marinate the fish for a few hour, but at least 30 minutes in the milk, zest, salt, pepper, ginger and cayenne.
- After it marinated, put the fish out, mix the seasoned milk with the flour, baking powder and the eggs.
- Put back the fish and cover it with the mixture.
- Fry it in a smaller pan, so you can fry it in less oil, but make sure the oil covers the fish and it's really hot!
- Fry it to golden brown.
It was so refreshing because of the zest and ginger, hot because of the cayenne, with the crispy breading and soft fish inside was just perfect, I tell you! Oh and I fried it in coconut oil, that added a plus flavor to it, so if you can, fry it in coconut oil!
Beside the pangasius, I ate herring, oat and made an awesome coffee oat smoothie too! (Recipe later) These are great way to eat protein, but a lean beef or pork cut would make a delicious protein packed dinner too!
This week’s theme is ‘Reduce sodium by using lemon’! I’m curious about this one, so can’t wait to try out old and new recipes with less salt, more lemon!