Creamy Camembert Pasta Sauce is a divine, rich and simple sauce, perfect for a fancy dinner or a heart-warming lunch.
A delicious dish inspired this recipe I ate on my vacation at Lake Balaton. It’s one of the tastiest pasta dishes I’ve every tried. The original dish included camembert, ham, and asparagus (which I want to remake sometimes). But I can’t find fresh asparagus and it’s quite expensive here, so I made this recipe without it.
Since I left out the asparagus, the sauce needed some other “green taste” in it. Laci suggested adding parsley and marjoram. The result spoke for itself!
I used a carbonara sauce base to make it easier for me, but if you have more time and want to make it yourself, it’s up to you!
Creamy Camembert Pasta Sauce
- 1 Camembert
- 1 pack Carbonara Sauce base
- 1 cup Ham (sliced)
- 1 cup Cooking cream
- 2 cups Milk or Chicken/Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Marjoram
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Mix the milk/broth with the carbonara sauce base.
- Cook it on medium heat.
- Pour the cooking cream to the carbonara base.
- Dice the camembert and slice the ham.
- Add the spice, then the camembert and ham.
- Cook it until the camembert melts and the sauce thicken.
You can make it more creamy or less creamy by using more or less cooking cream or you can use chicken or vegetable broth instead!
Also, you can make a creamy camembert dip by using less milk/broth!
Serve it while it’s still hot and garnish it with a little parsley!
PIN FOR LATER!
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also, check these recipes out!
- Crispy Fried Fish with Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Baby Spinach Pesto – Pesto Pizza
- Green Tea Healthy Gummies with Honey Lemon Ginger
- Hungarian Cottage Cheese Noodles
- Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms
Don’t forget to subscribe to my Newsletter to keep updated to
Anna Can Do It! Blog
- Have you ever created a created a recipe inspired by something you tried out somewhere?
- What is your favorite type of pasta sauce?
- Home made or store bought sauce?