The Chicken Liver Mushroom & Peas Stew is a succulent meal, it’ll fill and fuel you. I recommend this meal for a rather chilly, breezy day.
This stew is perfect for one of those days when you don’t really want to cook, and don’t want to make a mess, but you need a filling meal. I have to admit, I don’t really like chicken liver most of the time (and I think most of you agree on that with me), but it made this meal hearty.
I find this one versatile, it’s great with fries, potato wedges, rice, and noodle too.
Chicken Liver Mushroom & Peas Stew
- 1 Onion
- ½ kg Chicken Liver
- ½ kg Mushroom
- ¼ kg Peas (frozen)
- 2 tsp Hungarian Red Paprika (smoked or normal)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp Marjoram
- Water enough to cover ¾ way to the liver and mushroom
- Peel and dice the onion.
- Sauté it on a little oil until it's almost tranlucent.
- In the meanwhile clean the chicken liver, cut the large veins and most of the fat off.
- Then cut them in halves and the bigger ones in thirds.
- Peel and cut the mushrooms. I prefer cutting them to quarters.
- When the onion is ready, add the paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir it immediately.
- Once the spices are in, add the chicken liver.
- Sauté it until its outside has a grayish color. It's about 3-4 minutes.
- Once it's done, add the mushroom and the marjoram.
- Pour enough water on them to ¾ way.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- After about 5 minutes, add the frozen peas.
- Cook them until the peas and the livers are soft. It takes about 6-10 minutes.
Pin it for later
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also, check these recipes out!
- Healthy New Year, Healthier You – Healthy Snacks
- Baby Spinach Pesto – Pesto Pizza
- Green Tea Healthy Gummies with Honey Lemon Ginger
- Adagio Tea Review
- Spicy Stuffed Mushroom