Baked Mini Doughnuts! Are you ready for a mini sweetness? It’s mini, cute, sweet, delicious, quick…do you need any more persuasion?! No? Good! Here we go!
So a few weeks ago Laci bought me a silicone mini doughnut mold, since I was whining about how I want to eat doughnuts, but they’re too oily for my taste…he solved the problem with a simple purchase… 😀 Isn’t he adorable?
The mold arrived, so: Mission accepted!
After a few hours of recipe browsing and comparing I made my own recipe based on what I had at the kitchen. 😀
The result was unbelievable…first try was perfect. It wasn’t too sweet, little crunchy, the inside was soft, I loved these Baked Mini Doughnuts instantly…(and I hope you will too)!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder, vanilla sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp margarine/butter (melted)
- 0.25 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- Pre heat the oven.
- Dry ingredients: Mix the flour, the baking powder and the seasonings.
- Wet ingredients: Beat the egg whites with the half of the sugar and the yolks with the other half. Gently mix them. Pour the sour cream and the margarine onto the eggs and mix them well.
- Mix the dry and the wet ingredients.
- Pour a little dough into the mold with a spoon or a piping bag. (Be carefull, if you pour more dough than it’s necessary, it’ll grow around the hole and it’ll become a mini basket)
- Bake it about 10 minutes.
I must note the whole preparing and baking took more time than to eat all of the doughnuts… 😀 My family loved it!
Do you like mini doughnuts? Baked or Fried? Doughnut or donut? 😀
Share your thoughts in comments below. If you like my posts, share the love with others!