Tasty, rich, moist and almost healthy zucchini bread recipe. Your friends and family will never tell it’s from zucchini, so it’s great for kids too!
I’m sorry for the lack of posts, but as I mentioned before, we’re having a home makeover and my site broke completely a few days ago, and still breaks sometimes, so if you come here and my site is down, please come back a few minutes later, I promise the problem is temporary! Anyway, the makeover is a bit kept off, but that will be an another post…
Back to our delicious zucchini bread. This was the first time I’ve ever made and tasted zucchini bread, and it wasn’t disappointment!
Here in Hungary we’re not really used to make things like zucchini bread or carrot cake (my family really soon fallen in love with my carrot cake recipe). So when I made this, I didn’t tell my parents what is it made of…They loved it instantly and since I didn’t tell them the “secret ingredient” they started guessing, it was really funny how hard they tried to figure out!
When I finally told them they wouldn’t believe how tasty and rich this cake is and how they didn’t taste the zucchini at all. I was really proud of myself, the first try was a success! 🙂
It’s and almost healthy recipe, the only unhealthy part was the sugar…but if I had honey, I’d have used that instead…or sweetener (but to tell the truth I hate that typical taste of the sweeteners…sorry…). It takes time, but I’m sure it’ll worth to wait for! 😉
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 cup zucchini
- 1 cup sour cream low-fat
- 0.5 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 0.75 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 pack baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar or honey or sweetener
- Grate the zucchini and absorb the most of the moisture out of it.
- Mix the dry ingredient (wheat grem, whole wheat flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking powder and soda and the sugar).
- Mix the wet ingredients (apple sauce, sour cream, eggs and the zucchini)
- Add the mixed dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix it well.
- Pre-heat the oven. Use greaseproof paper in the bread pan.
- Bake the bread for 1 hour on low heat and after that, let it cool down with the oven, rest it for at least 1 more hour.
- Ready to serve! If you like it more sweet, spread a little jam or jelly on the slices.
I really hope that you and your family, friends will like that much as mine did! :))
What was your reaction when you first tried zucchini bread?