Thai Coconut Soup with Shrimp & Rice
The Thai Coconut Soup with Shrimp & Rice is rich, flavorful, body and soul warming, spicy meal, that you won't regret cooking!
Servings 5 Servings
- 2 can Coconut Milk
- 2 cups Broth vegetable or chicken
- 1 boil-in-bag Instant Rice
- 1 pack Frozen Shrimp min. 100 gr
- 2 cups Frozen Peas
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 1 big thumb size piece Ginger grated
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1-2 tbsp Curry Powder to taste
- 1 pack Shrimp Flavor Instant Rame's Spice Pack you can use the ramen instead of the rice, but I prefered the rice in this case
Cook the boil-in-bag rice according to your instructions. Get it out of the water about 3-5 minutes before it's completely cooked, so it's still al dente.
Preheat the oil in a larger saucepan.
Sauté the crushed garlic and grated ginger.
As soon as the garlic gets a nice golden color, pour the coconut milk and the broth.
Add the curry powder and the instant ramen's spice pack.
Add the frozen peas to the broth. Cook it.
When the broth is boiling, add the shrimp and rice.
Cook it for about 5-10 more minutes. When the shrimp and peas are done, your soup is done too!
Serve it while it's still hot, add a wedge of lime. It'll highlight and complete the flavor of the soup!