Vegan Mushroom Alfredo Tortellini
This Vegan Mushroom Alfredo Tortellini is creamy, flavorful and absolute comfort food. With its smooth, rich texture and the delicious mushroom slices, you won't even notice it's a vegan alfredo sauce.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 tbsp Margarine
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 small Shallot
- 1 clove Garlic
- 5 cups Mushrooms Cleaned, sliced
- 2 cups Almond Milk Or any other vegan milk.
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tbsp Flour Substitute with gluten-free flour or cauliflower for gluten-free, grain-free option.
- Salt To taste
- Black Pepper To taste
- Thyme, Rosemary, Savory, Tarragon To taste
- 2 packs Tortellini Your choice of flavor
Boil and salt the water for the tortellini.
Clean and slice the mushrooms.
Peel the shallot and the garlic.
Dice the shallot and crush the garlic.
Cook the tortellini.
Add the margarine and olive oil to a pan.
Pour the diced shallot to the pan.
Sauté it, when it's getting a translucent, add the garlic, so it won't burn.
Add the mushrooms.
Sauté the mushrooms.
When the mushrooms look almost done, add the milk and the nutritional yeast. Stir it well!
Add the flour and whisk it in the sauce.
Cook it for a few more minutes so the flour is fully cooked as well.
Drain the tortellini when it's cooked, then fold it into the vegan mushroom alfredo.
Other optional flavorings:
- Cayenne pepper
- Dijon mustard
- Italian seasoning
- Splash of white wine (add when you sauté the mushrooms)