Happy Friday Everyone!
I promised my parents to make my spinach bread again a few weeks ago and finally I have a little time to make it! I changed the recipe, but the result was even better than last year.
So if you’re looking for a healthy, delicious, colorful and not-avarage bread to bake, than you’re on the right place! So, let’s see the Whole Wheat Spinach Bread!
So to spice up my spinach bread recipe, I changed the plain wheat flour to whole wheat flour, add a little onion filling and sprinkled the breads with sunflower seed. All in all it become and awesome bread. 😀
Whole Wheat Spinach Bread
So if you’re looking for a healthy, delicious, colorful and not-avarage bread to bake, than you’re on the right place!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 pinch sugar
- 80 gr fresh yeast
- 400 gr frozen spinach (mostly drained)
- 6 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt, pepper
- 0.5 tsp cayenne, granulated garlic
- 2 onion
- 1 egg (for egg-wash)
- 1-2 handful sunflower seeds (for sprinkle to the top)
- Prepare a large mixing bowl or a stand mixer. Add the warm water, the pinch of sugar and the fresh yeast. Mix them and let the yeast rise.
- Mix the spinach with the seasoning.
- When the yeast is ready (foam-ish) add the spinach and the flour. If you use stand mixer, let it mix/knead, if you do is with your hands, knead the dough for about 3-5 minutes.
- After kneading, let the dough rest in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- In the meanwhile peel and dice the onion, caramelize it on a little oil.
- Preheat the oven and prepare a pan.
- When the dough doubled/tripled, cut it into halves and roll them out. Spread the caramelized onion on the doughs, Fold the ends of the shorter sides and roll them up, it’ll look like a baguette or a small loaf.
- Put the loaves to the pan, cut the top of them a little (don’t cut it deep!), brush them with the egg wash and add the sunflower seeds.
- Bake it on middle-heat for 30 minutes.
Yield: 2 loaf
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Total time: 35 mins.
This bread is perfect for my delicious egg salad!
I hope you’re gonna try this recipe out, if you do, feel free to share your picture with me on one of the social site!
Share your thoughts in comments below. If you like my posts, share the love with others!