Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp is so easy and quick, heavenly delicious and full of flavors. The sweet chili sauce add the perfect hotness to the garlic lemon shrimps.
I can’t even express how much I love shrimp and all in all sea food!
Most of my friends and acquaintances are never – and not planning to – ever try any of it (I can’t even understand how or why would anyone try so hard to avoid anything new)! Like it’s not a problem if sea food gross you out or something, but to avoid anything new is just ridiculous.
Anyway, I love sea food and love to try new food, new ingredients!
So however I love shrimp, I honestly never cooked them myself before, it’s not like an everyday ingredient here, and that’s why I was extra excited when I bought these little gorgeous shrimps!
When I created this recipe, all the shrimp dishes I’ve ever ate, inspired me, but I wanted to reflect my taste too. And this is why I combined garlic lemon shrimp with sweet chili sauce!
You know by now that beside shrimps, I love quick, simple and healthy meals, so I tried make this meal quick, simple and healthy too!
Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp
Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp
- 8-12 Peeled and Deveined Shrimp
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Chili powder/ Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Vinegar of your choice I used red wine vinegar
- Peeled, deveine the shrimps. (Leave the tails on if you want to, but I like my shrimp without it).
- Clean and dry them.
- Season them with the salt and pepper.
- Crush or grate the garlic.
- Heat a wok or pan and add the coconut oil.
- Sauté the garlic.
- Add the shrimp.
- Squeeze the lemon on them.
- Stir fry them for about 10 minutes.
- While the shrimp is cooking, make the sweet chili sauce.
- Mix the water, the honey, the vinegar and the chili.
- Cook it for about 10 minutes.
- You can either pour the sauce on the shrimps or serve it separately.
PIN FOR LATER!
The outcome was better than I expected to be! I served them with turmeric rice and decorated them with the sweet chili sauce, sliced, seeded jalapeño and sliced spring onion. The shrimp was so incredibly delicious and the sauce was just perfectly sweet and hot, so good together!
- Sea food: yay or nay?
- Favorite shrimp meal?
- Do you like sweet chili sauces?
Ps.: I used “love” and “tried” a LOT in this post, sorry for that, but that’s how it is! 🙂
Pss.: My cats did everything they can to prevent me from writing and publishing this post! They literally laid on my lap, walked on the laptop (almost turned it off), tried to catch and stole the mouse! But I won! Whoot-whoot!
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also check these recipes out!
- Crispy Fried Fish with Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Baby Spinach Pesto – Pesto Pizza
- Green Tea Healthy Gummies with Honey Lemon Ginger
- Hungarian Cottage Cheese Noodles
- Christmas 2016