These Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are causing serious addiction, made with white and dark chocolate. Perfect dessert or snack if you manage to make them without eating the entire bowl of dough!
As weird as it probably sounds, making Chocolate Chip Cookies was one of my biggest bugbear for years. I’ve tried to make them a few times, but failed miserably. This month I decided to defy my fear and make the best Chocolate Chip Cookies I can! The result was soft, chewy and divine!
The Secret of the Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- You need room temperature butter! It’s the perfect state of butter to make a fluffy butter cream with the sugar!
- If you use too much butter the cookie will be runny and too thin.
- Make sure your dough is cold before you scoop it to the baking sheet! Put the dough in the fridge for 10-15 minute if needed or for safety’s sake.
- The molasses in the brown sugar makes the chocolate chip cookies gooier, chewy.
- Don’t or just lightly press down your scooped dough! It’ll spread on its own without help thanks to the butter!
- Make sure you leave enough space between the dough balls. Put maximum 6-8 to the baking sheet.
- Don’t over bake them! As soon as they has a nice color and you can lift them without baking, remove them from the oven!
- The best and quickest way to cool them is using a cooling rack.
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup Butter Room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Corn Starch
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 large Egg
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chip
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chip
Mix the butter, the sugar and the light brown sugar.
Whip them until the mixture is white and airy.
Add the egg and mix them well.
Mix the corn starch, baking soda, salt and vanilla with the butter mixture.
Add the flour and the chocolate chips and mix everything together.
Put the mixture in the fridge for 10-15 minute.
Pre heat the oven.
Form balls from the dough or use an ice cream scoop.
Put 6-8 balls to a baking sheet.
Bake them on medium-low heat for 8-15 minutes (depends on the size of your cookies). Or until they golden brown and you can lift them off the sheet without breaking.
Let them cool for 5 minutes.
Make sure to visit my Start Here and Home pages for more posts!
Also check these recipes out!
- Mango Peach Smoothie
- Avocado Caprese Salad
- Perfect Oven Fried Chicken
- No Bake Energy Bars
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Which one you prefer in Chocolate Chip Cookies?
- Thick or Thin
- Soft or Crunchy
- Chewy or Crumbly
- Classic or Extra
- Do you rather make them or buy them?
- Would you like to see a healthier version?
PS.: Our 9th anniversary was great! I got a Believe neckles from Laci! 🙂 We had a day with relaxing, shopping, watching movies. Also I found a Hogwarts T-Shirt 😀
Aren’t we just adorable?
Orsolya Anna Papp (@anna_annacandoit) által közzétett fénykép,