How is your week so far? Well my knees still hurt, but I’ll post about them in another time…
Today I’ll share a tasty, skinny chicken salad, perfect for summer days! It’s fresh, healthy, low-calorie, light and yeah, its delicious!
I don’t know about you but on summer time, I have low appetite, so I rather eat 5-6 smaller and lighter meal than just 2-3 bigger and heavier. The last few days I made heavier dinners, like pasta and stew and we just couldn’t eat more than a few bites of them…so this time I craved for something light but filling. It was ages ago I made salad last time, so the main concept was ready, but to make it filling and not heavy without using more mushrooms ( I tend to use them to make a dish filling…and I use them a lot…). I chose chicken breast, 1) I love them, 2) Quick and easy, 3) Not strong flavor and 4) Light and filling at the same time… So, Skinny Chicken Salad it is!
Now let’s get started!
- 500 gr chicken breast (skinless, boneless)
- 2 large cucumber (peeled)
- 1 medium head iceberg
- 4 tomatoes
- 200 gr cheese
- 300 ml kefir
- 1 pack thousand island seasoning (not sauce!)
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- Mix the kefir with the seasoning.
- Cut the iceberg in halves, cut out the stem and slice the leaves.
- Cut the tomatoes into eighths.
- Slice the peeled cucumbers.
- Dice the cheese.
- Mix the veggies, the cheese and the sauce.
- Put it into the fridge.
- Dice the chicken breast and stir fry them with a little salt and pepper.
- Let the chicken cool a little and mix the dices with the rest of the salad.
- Put back to the fridge for 15 mins.
What is your favorite salad ingredient?