How is your week so far? Well my knees still hurt, but I’ll post about them in another time…
Today I’ll share a tasty, skinny chicken salad, perfect for summer days! It’s fresh, healthy, low-calorie, light and yeah, its delicious!
I don’t know about you but on summer time, I have low appetite, so I rather eat 5-6 smaller and lighter meal than just 2-3 bigger and heavier. The last few days I made heavier dinners, like pasta and stew and we just couldn’t eat more than a few bites of them…so this time I craved for something light but filling. It was ages ago I made salad last time, so the main concept was ready, but to make it filling and not heavy without using more mushrooms ( I tend to use them to make a dish filling…and I use them a lot…). I chose chicken breast, 1) I love them, 2) Quick and easy, 3) Not strong flavor and 4) Light and filling at the same time… So, Skinny Chicken Salad it is!
Now let’s get started!
Skinny Chicken Salad
- 500 gr chicken breast skinless, boneless
- 2 large cucumber peeled
- 1 medium head iceberg
- 4 to matoes
- 200 gr cheese
- 300 ml kefir
- 1 pack thousand island seasoning not sauce!
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- Mix the kefir with the seasoning.
- Cut the iceberg in halves, cut out the stem and slice the leaves.
- Cut the tomatoes into eighths.
- Slice the peeled cucumbers.
- Dice the cheese.
- Mix the veggies, the cheese and the sauce.
- Put it into the fridge.
- Dice the chicken breast and stir fry them with a little salt and pepper.
- Let the chicken cool a little and mix the dices with the rest of the salad.
- Put back to the fridge for 15 mins.
What is your favorite salad ingredient?