Incredibly easy and delicious Healthy Oat Waffles ready within minutes! No flour, no added sugar, no egg! These healthy waffles give you the energy kick-start for September.
I can’t believe it’s September already…soon it’ll be Christmas, then New Years Eve! Anyway I know I’ll need all the energy I can get from a breakfast for the next term. That’s exactly why I created this healthy, filling breakfast oat waffle recipe.
If you like oatmeal or overnight oat or baked oat, then I’ll like these waffles too! Since I didn’t use any other sweetener beside the bananas, the flavor of the oat comes out more in this recipe. However you can flavor it as you want!
I have to note that this waffle’s batter is thicker than the traditional waffle batter, so you’ll need a spoon to spread the mixture out in the waffle iron! If you want thinner and a little bit sweeter batter, add a couple of tablespoons of apple sauce untill you reach the desired thickness. Also I noticed that if you let it cool completely, its texture turns rubbery, so make sure you eat it while it’s warm!
Such a great and delicious way to start a day, also it’s quick!
Healthy Oat Waffles
Healthy Oat Waffles - No flour, added sugar, egg, milk
- 1 cup Oat flour
- 3 tbsp Ricotta
- 4 small Bananas
- 1 tbsp Flax seed meal
- 2 tbsp Water
- Mix the flax seed meal with the water to create flax egg. Let it sit while you combine the other ingredients.
- Mash the small bananas.
- Stir the ricotta to the banana mash.
- Add the cinnamon.
- Pour the oat flour or oat meal to the banana-ricotta mixture.
- Add the flax egg and mix everything well together.
- Pour the mixture to a waffle iron. It'll be tricky to spread in the waffle iron since it's thicker than a normal waffle batter, use a spoon to level it.
- Be sure you eat it while it's warm, because once it's cold it'll turn rubbery!
If you like your waffles sweeter, add some sweetener, but I just served mine with plum jam!
Pin for later!
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also check these recipes out!
- Mango Peach Smoothie
- Avocado Caprese Salad
- Perfect Oven Fried Chicken
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Traditional or healthy waffles?
- What flavor would you add to you healthy oat waffles?
- What is your favorite energy kick-start breakfast for busier days?
- Are you going/went back to school?
- What are you really looking for in Fall/Autumn?
- Is it too early to start planning Christmas already and buying gifts?