Crispy French Fries with Mushroom Gravy is filling, quick and delicious! It’s an amazing meal, full of flavors, texture and melted cheese! I can clearly see why Poutine is one of the favorite Canadian dishes! Since I don’t want to insult any Canadian by calling my recipe Poutine, I simply call it French Fries with Mushroom Gravy!
You probably know by now that I love quick and simple meals for dinner after 8 hours of work. French Fries with Mushroom Gravy is one of these quick and simple meals. It’s ready within 30 minutes if you fry your french fries in oil and in 40 minutes if you roast them! While the French Fries are frying or roasting, you can make the Mushroom Gravy!
Crispy French Fries with Mushroom Gravy is filling, quick and delicious! It's an amazing meal, full of flavors, texture and melted cheese! I can clearly see why Poutine is one of the favorite Canadian dishes! Click To Tweet
French Fries with Mushroom Gravy
Find my Healthy Baked French Fries recipe HERE
- 4 Servings of French Fries made from 4 Potatoes
- 8-12 medium Mushrooms
- 1 small Onion
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Salt, Pepper
- 1 pinch of Thyme
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup Cooking cream
- 1 cup Grated/diced Cheese
- Peel and slice the mushrooms.
- Dice the onion.
- Heat a pan and melt the butter.
- Add the onion and the spices to the butter and sauté it.
- Add the mushrooms.
- When the mushrooms start to shrink a little, add the flour.
- Mix the flour very well with the mushrooms and onion.
- Pour the vegetable stock and the cooking cream on them as soon as mixed the flour.
- Cook it for 10-15 minutes, depends on how you like your mushrooms. If you like it firmer, cook it for 10 minutes, if you like it softened and completely cooked, cook it for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir it from time to time.
- Serve it with the French Fries with cheese.
PIN FOR LATER!
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also, check these recipes out!
- Hungarian Cottage Cheese Noodles
- Avocado Caprese Salad
- Blood Orange Elderflower Cake
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Oat Waffles
- How do you make Poutine?
- What type of gravy do you pour on your fries?
- What cheese do you use?
- What is your favorite French Fries dish?
- What is your favorite quick dinner recipe?
PS.: I mentioned before that I’m back to uni as a correspondent. I had my very first classes on Friday, it was so weird, it’s been 4 years since last I was in uni. But I don’t think I explained what will I be after I finish this.
Right now I study to be an Economist Assistant in Business Administration and Management Specialized in Small and Medium Enterprises and if I get one more language’s C1 level language exam, I’ll receive my BA diploma to be an Economist in Tourism and Catering. Sounds fun isn’t it?
Also, it’s my Dad’s birthday so wish him a great year! 🙂