Can you believe the December is already here? How did it happened, where did this year go? I mean I just made through the Healthy New Year Six Week Challenge! Now the Christmas is just around the corner!
I know how stressful and expensive can be the preparation, but please try to stop for a minute and just enjoy the lights, the music, the snowflakes and take some deep breath! I know from experience that planning is crucial around the Holidays…If you leave everything for the last moment, all the shopping, the wrapping, the cooking, baking, the cleaning (!), you’ll be stressed, impatient, angry, so you ruin the Holiday for yourself and probably for everyone around you…
So, please let me give you some advice:
- Purchase the gifts as soon as possible! the later you postpone, the worst it gets…just think about the crowded stores with all the aggressive people try to get the last ones of the gifts they want…
- Start planning the Christmas dinner/lunch now! Unless you make the same dishes every Christmas, it’ll take a lot of time decide the dishes, choose the right ingredient, figure out how much time will it take to make and try the recipe out!
- Write guest list, if needed!
- Write card list and send them as soon as you can!
- Decide and buy decoration, it’ll help you get in Christmas mood!
- Purchase the wrappings for the gifts, please consider eco-friendly wrappings!
- Start wrapping the gifts at least a week before Christmas…you don’t have to do it all at once!
- Purchase the frozen ingredients for your Christmas feast.
- Clean the house, deeply! Especially the kitchen and the bathroom!
- Organize the kitchen, it’ll be easier to cook and bake if you know exactly where you find what!
- Plan the tree decoration.
- Make-ahead all the dishes you can!
- Enjoy and savor the spirit of the Christmas, spend quality time with your family and friends! 🙂
(Free printables at the end of the post! I hope you’ll like them and find them helpful!)
I honestly love this time of the year, the decoration, the music, the scents and I love getting cozy! I’m all about getting in Christmas mood with scented candles, christmas music and I hanging on the Pinterest whenever I can! But to avoid the stress ruin my mood I really try to make and plan ahead everything I can and it helps me every year!
We have an advent tradition in our family, it’s always the same each year, just as we did when we’re little. The first Sunday of advent, we make an advent wreath, decorate it and place it in the living room. At the evening, we gather around it, light a candle and tell a wish each week. It’s a nice tradition and I’m glad we never stopped doing it, it always takes me back to my childhood! 🙂
How do you get in Christmas mood? How do you avoid the stress of the Holidays? Tell me about your traditions! 🙂
Oh, and I didn’t forget about the printables:
Check these posts about my earlier Christmas!