Light and Crispy Fried Fish with Creamy Mashed Potatoes is a perfect main dish. Also, it’s a simple recipe for an amazing batter-dipped fish and a simple, yet delicious mashed potatoes. This dish is ready within 30-45 minutes.
The batter I used for these fishes are very versatile, I use the same one for chicken and on veggies like cauliflower and mushrooms. The only thing you need to change are the spices unless you prepare a dip for your dish, then you can keep it plain.
Light and Crispy Fried Fish with Creamy Mashed Potatoes is a perfect main dish. Also, it's a simple recipe for an amazing batter-dipped fish and a simple, yet delicious mashed potatoes. This dish is ready within 30-45 minutes. Click To Tweet
Crispy Fried Fish with Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 4 servings Fish (of your choice)
- 2 cups Flour + a little extra to cover the fishes
- 1 cup cold Sparkling Water
- 2 smaller Eggs
- 1 tsp Salt & Pepper
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp granulated Garlic Powder
- Oil for frying
- 4 servings Potatoes
- Water for cooking
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small pieces (the smaller you cut, the easier and faster it cooks).
- Put them in a pan and cover them with water.
- Cook it for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft enough.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cut the fish (if needed) to smaller pieces.
- Heat the oil.
- Mix the flour, the cold sparkling water, the eggs and the spices.
- Cover the fishes with the extra flour, so the batter will stick to them.
- Dip the fishes into the batter.
- Fry them on high heat, turn them every few minute until they turn golden color.
- When the potatoes soft enough, drain the excess water off them.
- Add the salt and the pepper, then mash the potatoes.
- When it's well mashed, add the sour cream and mix it well.
- Serve it with some more sour cream and a little more pepper. * Optional
Beside it’s quite quick and easy to make, it’s so delicious and filling! You can make it with any kind of fish you want and it’s even better with a simple sour cream-mayo-mustard dip! Also I served it with pickles, but it’s optional.
PIN FOR LATER!
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also, check these recipes out!
- Hungarian Cottage Cheese Noodles
- Avocado Caprese Salad
- Blood Orange Elderflower Cake
- Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp
- Pumpkin Parfait With Sesame Praline
- What is your favorite kind of fish?
- Mashed potatoes or chips (fried potatoes)?
- Do you use a dip for fried fish? If so what kind of?
- Love or hate pickles?