These easy, creamy, amazing, chocolate covered Coconut Truffles melts in your mouth, you can’t eat just one!
On Saturday afternoon I’ve been craving for something sweet, but been waaaay too lazy to go to the store, so I had to improvise and make something from what I already had at home (which happens more than usually…).
I had a lot of shredded coconuts and chocolate! A match made in heaven, isn’t it?! All I had to do is figure out what exactly to do with this two…
I wanted something simple, easy and quick, but delicious and did I mentioned I was laaazy?
Oh well, okay, it wasn’t that hard decision, I’ve been thinking about truffles for weeks now, but didn’t know how or in what flavor.
I always thought making truffles was difficult and long process with a lot of special equipment and ingredient, I couldn’t have been more wrong! It’s basically a chilled, flavored, shaped and chocolate covered ganache (at least mine is that simple).
The result was rich, heavenly yummy chocolate covered coconut truffles with a hint of almond taste.
- 300 g Shredded Coconut
- 200 g Whipping Cream
- 1 Whip it
- 200 g White Chocolate
- 2 tbsp Condensed Milk
- 300 g Milk Chocolate
- 1/2 tsp Almond flavoring *Optional
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Whip the whipping cream with the whip it.
- Melt the white chocolate
- Slowly fold the whipped cream in the melted white chocolate, then add the condensed milk.
- Mix the coconut in the cream. *Optional: Add the almond flavoring
- Let them cool in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- When the coconut mixture cooled and moldable, form little walnut size balls.
- Melt the milk chocolate and the coconut oil.
- Cover the coconut truffles in the milk chocolate with a fork.
- Put the truffles in the freezer for 5 minutes.
To my surprise, I didn’t make enough truffles! I thought it’ll take a few days to run out of them, on the contrary none left within 4-5 hours. My family constantly sneaked out some of the kitchen! So I think this recipe was a real success!
Can’t wait to hear your opinion, experience of these coconut truffles!
- Coconut or not?
- Have you ever made truffles at home? If so, what flavor?
- What is your favorite easy to make treat?