Coconut Banana Bars
No bake, gluten free, dairy free, healthy and delectable bars.
I’ve been craving for energy bars for a few weeks now, but to tell the truth, I was way too lazy to make one (see why I need energy bars?)…anyway….yesterday I forced myself to finally make them, here is the result, appetizing coconut banana bars!
The recipe itself is simple, you can make it quick with only a few ingredients. I can’t even describe the amazing, almost heavy smell of the coconut I was toasting for the bars, that filled the kitchen, then it combined with the riped bananas, the organic honey, the rum aroma and the raisins, it’s heavenly! I almost couldn’t wait to taste these bars, but I was a good girl and waited. It was absolutely worth to wait for!
But no more teasing, here is the recipe:
- 250 gr desiccated coconut
- 5 middle size banana (ripe)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 handful raisin
- 1 tsp rum flavor
- 1 lemon's zest and juice
- Mix the Rum aroma and the lemon juice. Soak the raisins into the mixture. Let it soak for 3-5 minutes.
- Mash the bananas, the riper they are, the better. Pour the honey onto the banana mash and mix them well.
- Toast the coconut, it may takes about 5 minutes, but be very careful, stir it constanly, because it can burn quickly, as it turns golden, turn the heat off!
- Add the coconut and the soaked raisns to the bananas, mix them well.
- Pour and lay the mixture to tray.
- Put it into the fridge and let it rest at least for 30 minutes, but 1 hour would be better!
- Cut it to bars and serve them!
What is your favorite seasonal bar, energy bar? Do you prefer to make them your own or you rather buy them?