Chicken Dubarry aka Chicken Cauliflower Casserole one of the most comforting meal ever! Delicious layers of sautéed chicken breast slices, cooked cauliflowers and finished with a layer of bechamel sauce and grated cheese.
It’s one of my family favorite meal, we make in on weekends, on birthdays and on Christmases too. This meal is so rich, creamy and tasty, I can’t even describe.
My mother made this for Christmas many years ago and from that day on, it’s truly one of our favorite meal. I’ve seen other families making a side dish for this, but I really don’t think it’s necessary since it’s so filling, also it’s full of veggies!
I’ll share some flavor and other additional options for this recipe, make sure you check them out too!Chicken Dubarry aka Chicken Cauliflower Casserole one of the most comforting meals ever! Click To Tweet
Chicken Dubarry – Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
- 1 medium size Cauliflower
- 2 pair Chicken Breasts (skinless, boneless)
- 2 tbsp Butter (1 tbsp for the Chicken Breasts, 1 tbsp for the Bechamel sauce)
- 3 cup Milk
- ¾ cup Flour
- Salt, Pepper, freshly grated Nutmeg to taste (I use about ½ tbsp Salt, 1 tsp Pepper, and 1 tsp Nutmeg)
- 1 - 1½ cup grated Cheese
- Cut or break the cauliflower into smaller pieces.
- Slice the chicken breast about ½" - ¾" thick.
- Put the cauliflower pieces in boiling water and cook it for about 5 minutes (or until it's softened, but still not cooked completely)
- Sauté the chicken breast slices in the 1 tbsp butter. About 3-4 minutes per side.
- While the cauliflowers and the chicken breasts slices are getting ready, make the bechamel sauce.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the salt, pepper and the nutmeg.
- Add the butter, whisk them until it's well combined.
- Pour the milk on them, whisk it until you get a smooth sauce.
- Cook it for about 5 minutes, or until it thickens.
- Put the sautéed chicken breast slices to a casserole.
- Layer the cauliflower pieces on the chicken.
- Pour the bechamel sauce on top.
- Add the grated cheese.
- Bake it on 350-360° for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese melts and get a nice golden color.
Flavor and additional options:
- Use different vegetables beside the cauliflower. I love peas and sweet corn too!
- Grate a carrot between the chicken and the cauliflower layer to add some extra creaminess.
- Mix some breadcrumb with spices such as salt, pepper, chili powder, nutmeg, parsley, turmeric. Sprinkle it on the top of the grated cheese for some extra crunch.
- If you want richer bechamel sauce, switch the milk with half-and-half.
PIN FOR LATER!
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also, check these recipes out!
- Crispy Fried Fish with Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Baby Spinach Pesto – Pesto Pizza
- Green Tea Healthy Gummies with Honey Lemon Ginger
- Hungarian Cottage Cheese Noodles
- Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms