How is your week going so far? Mine is a bit difficult…my mother has diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, so now I have to be extra careful what I cook for dinner. Today I’m gonna share a low-carb, low-calorie and high protein recipe, the Chicken-Cauliflower Casserole!
So this recipe not only great for diabetic diet, but it’s healthier and great for weight loss diet too!
Ingredients (8 servings):
- 1 kg Chicken breast (without skin)
- 0.8 kg Cauliflower
- 0.5 kg Mushroom
- 2 medium Eggs
- 200 gr Cooking cream
- Seasoning: salt, pepper, cayenne, nutmeg, thyme, sage
- Cut the cauliflower into smaller pieces and cook it in (little salty) water until it’s moderately soft.
- Dice the chicken breast, mix them with the seasoning and stir fry it.
- Clean the mushrooms, cut into halves or quarters and add them to the chicken breast.
- Mix the eggs and the cooking cream in a bowl.
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Add the cauliflowers, the chicken breast and the mushrooms to a casserole and pour the mixture onto them.
- Bake it for 15-20 minutes!
Feel free to share your thoughts and your picture if you try this recipe out!