Easy, savory, cheesy, hot appetizer and since it’s not really mess-free and simple, you can make them with kids! It’s fun, looks and tastes great!
I promised this recipe over a month ago, but finally I am here with this simple and quick snack.
If you anything like me, you want to give your guests delicious, but simple appetizers and meals that you can make quickly, serve it fresh, just out of the oven. The cheesy hot puff twists are just perfect appetizers and snacks.
I made this for my birthday, only a half an hour before the guests arrived and I even had time to clean everything up!
So when my relatives stepped inside the house the tempting smell of the fresh and warm cheesy hot puff twists welcomed them. It was a little soft, little crispy, a little sweet, a little hot and a lot cheesy! 🙂
Cheesy Hot Puff Twists
- 500 gr puff pastry
- 250 gr grated cheese
- Your favorite hot sauce or my hot sauce recipe here
- Pre heat the oven.
- Roll out the pastry into a big square.
- Brush the pastry with the hot sauce.
- Sprinkle the square with the cheese.
- Fold the pastry in half and press it down a bit.
- Cut it into stripes.
- Put them in a pan. Grab both ends and twist them the opposite direction.
- Bake it for 10-20 minutes, or until it's got a little golden color.
I have to tell you that all the twists were gone within 10 minute…I’m sure I’ll make these for the Christmas dinner too :))
What is your favorite appetizer and your favorite snack?