This festive Christmas Vanilla Orange Cake will enrich your Christmas feast! This cake is full of flavors starts from vanilla to orange, spiced up with blackberry jam.
*This post contains advertisements or affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission if you buy any products that have been linked to on this post. It will not affect the prices of the items.*
In our house there’s no Christmas without Christmas baking. From this year on, this delicious Christmas Vanilla Orange Cake will be on the Christmas menu.
Blogmas 2016 Day 11 – Christmas Vanilla Orange Cake
Blogmas 2016 Day 11 - Christmas Vanilla Orange Cake
- 3 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup Mascarpone cream cheese
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tbsp Honey
- 1 pack Whip it
- 1 Orange's zest
- 1/2 Lemon's zest
- 3 tbsp Blackberry jam
- Food coloring * optional
- Dr. Oetker decor * optional
- Cream the butter and the sugar with a stand or hand mixer.
- Add the eggs and mix them well.
- Pour the milk on the wet mixture.
- Add the vanilla.
- Mix the flour and the baking powder, than add to the wet mixture.
- Combine them well.
- Pour the cake batter into two 7" round pan.
- Bake them in medium heat for 50-55 minute.
- While the cake baking, make the cream.
- Soften the mascarpone cream cheese in a bowl with the honey.
- Zest the orange and the half lemon.
- Add the zest to the mascarpone cream cheese.
- Whip the whipping cream and the whip it.
- After the cakes are ready, let them cool down completely.
- Level the cakes, then cut them into halves.
- Brush the blackberry jam on the bottom levels of each cake and on one of the top levels. So all in all, you'll have 3 layers with blackberry jam.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of the cream on those levels.
- Layer the cakes. (make sure you secure them with straws, cake pop or any other sticks)
- Cover the outside of the cake with the rest of the cream. If you want to decorate the cake with colored cream, leave a tablespoon of cream for each color.
- Decorate with Dr.Oetker decor sugar/pearl/snowflakes
For this recipe I recommend:
PIN FOR LATER!
If you missed out my earlier Blogmas posts, check them out here: Blogmas 2016
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also check these recipes out!
- Crispy Fried Fish with Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Blogmas 2016 Day 3 – Top 10 Favorite Christmas Movies
- Green Tea Healthy Gummies with Honey Lemon Ginger
- Christmas Fair – Mulled Cider
- Christmas Recap with Recipes