Simple, spicy and unbelievably juicy oven roasted golden Beer Can Chicken. It’s so simple and however, it’s time-consuming, every minute of the waiting will worth the juiciest roasted chicken.
The steaming beer makes the chicken moist and juicy, flavorful, but if you don’t like beer (like me), don’t worry your chicken won’t taste like beer at all.
The other thing that helps me prevent the chicken from drying out is the butter under the skin of the breasts, also it makes the breast tasty, it’ll be spicy.
Beer Can Chicken
- 1 whole Chicken
- 1 can Beer
- Salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic, thyme, parsley, mustard seed, smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2-4 cups water
- Wash the chicken well inside and out.
- Dry it with paper towel (be careful not to leave any piece of paper on or in the chicken!)
- Grind your spices, then add the grated garlic to it. Mix them well.
- Pre heat the oven.
- Mix ¼ of the spice with the room temperature butter.
- Sprinkle ¼ inside of the chicken.
- Rub 2/4 to the skin of the chicken.
- Press the spicy butter under the skin of the chicken breast.
- Wash carefully the can of the beer.
- Pour ⅓ of the beer into the pan, then add about 2 cups of water too.
- Place the can in the middle of the pan.
- Sit the chicken on the can.
- Roast it about 1-1.5 hour (depends on the size of your chicken, mine was a smaller one, so it was ready in less than 1 hour)
- If the beer-water evaporates from under the chicken, just add some more water, so the beer won't burn down in your pan.
- After the chicken is golden brown and the thickest part of it is well done, turn off the oven and let the chicken rest for about half an hour.
Maybe you’ll feel the urge to skip the resting, but please don’t, just like with a perfect steak, the resting helps the chicken to stay moist, it’s the dot over the “i”!
First I cut the chicken into 8 pieces; the legs (2), the wings (2), the breasts (2) and the backbone in halves. After that, I cut the legs to thighs and drumsticks and I sliced the breasts.
It was the most flavorful and most juicy, moist roasted chicken I’ve ever made or in fact eat. So I think it’ll become a regular way to make my chicken, can’t wait to try other spice and flavor mixtures!
PIN FOR LATER!
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also check these recipes out!
- Crispy Fried Fish with Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Baby Spinach Pesto – Pesto Pizza
- Green Tea Healthy Gummies with Honey Lemon Ginger
- Hungarian Cottage Cheese Noodles
- Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms
Don’t forget to subscribe to my Newsletter to keep updated to
Anna Can Do It! Blog
- Have you ever tried beer can chicken?
- How do you keep your bird moist?
- What is your favorite spice mixture? Do you buy it or make it on your own?