Battered Cauliflower Bites are light, crispy and spicy on the outside, soft and delicious on the inside. I served them with a simple pasta salad. This makes a perfect lunch or dinner, and will fill you up for sure!
Battered Cauliflower Bites are one of my favorites and I know that I can’t have enough of it. (However, I know a few florets of more than enough…) I just love the texture, the taste, everything!Battered Cauliflower Bites are light, crispy and spicy on the outside, soft and delicious on the inside. Click To Tweet
Battered Cauliflower Bites
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 - 1½ cup Water (depends on the thickness of the batter)
- 2 medium size Eggs (leave it out if you want to make it vegan!)
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ tsp Garlic powder, Turmeric
- + Water and Salt for cooking and Oil for frying
- Clean and cut or break the cauliflower into florets.
- Cook them in salty water. Don't cook them completely, because it'll make harder to dip them into the batter!
- While the florets cooking, prepare the batter.
- Beat the eggs, then mix them with the water.
- Mix the flour with the spices and the baking powder.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones.
- Mix them well and make sure it's lump free.
- Drain the cauliflower and set aside until you heat the oil.
- Heat the oil. Check the oil for the perfect heat by dropping a little batter in it, and if the batter drop comes to the surface instantly, your oil is ready.
- Dip the florets into the batter, shake off the excess batter and place to florets into the oil.
- Fry them until they have a golden color, turn them when one side ready.
- Drain them on paper towels.
- Serve them with ketchup or hot sauce, my favorite is Thai chili sauce. Also, I recommend pasta salad for a side dish.
Cooked or leftover pasta is a great ingredient for pasta salads. I usually make mine with purple onion, sweet corn, sometimes with sliced hot dogs and diced cheese, topped with a simple sour cream, mustard and mayo dressing. Finished with salt and pepper.
PIN FOR LATER!
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also, check these recipes out!
- Healthy New Year, Healthier You – Healthy Snacks
- Baby Spinach Pesto – Pesto Pizza
- Green Tea Healthy Gummies with Honey Lemon Ginger
- Hungarian Cottage Cheese Noodles
- Spicy Stuffed Mushroom
Don’t forget to subscribe to my Newsletter to keep updated to
Anna Can Do It! Blog