5 Quick Lunch Salads, what I’ve made lately, beside you can make them in no time, these salads are delicious, filling and really easy to make; you can even make them ahead!
The whole point of these salads that they don’t have a certain recipe you ‘must follow’, you just put the main ingredients together and you ready to go!
1. Cucumber Tomato Omelette Salad
It’s a refreshing salad with cucumber, tomato, red bell pepper and spring onion. The omelette and the diced camembert makes the salad filling and oh so delicious. For seasoning simply add salt and pepper.
*For the omelette I lightly (barely) beat up the eggs, add a pinch of salt, pepper and chilli.
2. Garden Salad with Poached Eggs
It’s a simple garden salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, spring onion, sweet corn, diced cheese, topped with poached eggs, sprinkled with sesame seed. For dressing I used olive oil and thousand island spice mix.
* For the poached eggs, use room temperature eggs, heat water and add a tablespoon vinegar. When the water starts boiling, lower the heat and carefully crack the eggs in, let it poach on low temperature, until the egg whites are firm, but the yolks are still runny (if you like your egg yolks runny). Before you put the eggs on the salad, use a paper towel to soak off the excess water.
3. Spring Green Salad with Mozzarella
It’s a mixed green salad with iceberg lettuce, frisby lettuce, radicchio, carrot, sprinkled with sunflower seed, pumpkin seed. The mozzarella balls and the sliced hotdog makes the salad filling. I used thousand island dressing.
4. Apple Lettuce Salad
It’s a real refreshing salad with lettuce, tomato, diced cheese, sliced lean ham and fresh sliced apple. For dressing I used plain yoghurt, salt, pepper.
*I used both Pink Lady and green apples.
5. Garden Salad with Mushrooms
It’s a filling salad with lettuce, iceberg, tomato, cucumber, red bell pepper, diced cheese and button mushrooms. For dressing I used olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper.
- What is your favorite make-ahead/on-the-go salad?
- What do you use to make your salads more filling?
- What is your favorite salad base?