Summary of my first 30 day with Sworkit app. For the first time in years, I’m not heading to the hospital with injury after a month of workout! Yay for me and the Sworkit app!
If you follow me on social media, you probably saw my posts about my workouts, which I’m really proud of!
I’ve mentioned my progress in the 10 day with Sworkit post and Healthy New Year Six-Week Challenge Summary post, but now, after more than 30 day I wanted to share my experiences.
So within the 30 day I realized a few things.
- Yes, I really can do this! – However there are doubts about it sometimes, and I’d rather just lying on the bed, I remember how far I’ve already come and there is no way I will go back there so then I kick my arse out from under the blanket and do my workout.
- I have muscles I never know I have! – How do I know now? They are sore…bad the day after!
- I can do exercises I didn’t hope I can. For example I can do wall push ups, planks, sit ups (wow, I have abs under a few layers…!), I can do squats once again!
- There are exercises I just can’t do yet. Like normal push ups (but to be fair, I never managed to do one proper push up in my life…so that’s not a tragedy), genie sits and most of the cardios are still out of my legue…my knees still hurts from time to time.
- A really weird thing that 45 minute exercises may more tiring while I’m doing it, but I feel way better after them, and the 20 minute exercises may sound easier, but I feel way worse and tired after them. How does it work??
- I can workout every day. -> Big smile
- Some exercises get easier, some of them just not yet. For example most of the stretches gets easier, but it seems like planks and squats are never really gets any better…
- I listen to my body. If it hurts, I won’t push it more…
- I really enjoy my workouts, I love I can decide which exercise I want to do, how long I want to workout, I love I can skip exercises if I know it’ll hurt.
- I won’t lie, I feel like crap around the half time of my workouts, I still feel sore after them, I still tired after them, but I feel wonderful a few minutes after I finished and it worth it every single time.
So, with all that work in summary: 30 day, 30 workout, 1008 minutes (it’s almost 17 hours) and burnt 7782 kcal!
Can’t wait to share the 60, 90, 120 etc. day workout posts! And hopefully, this year I won’t end up in the hospital!
Oh and I forgot to make ‘before’ picture, but I made some yesterday, so I’ll have ‘in progress’ picture and hopefully, there will be progress…fingers crossed!
Do you have workout routine or favorite workout app?
What is your favorite and least favorite exercise?
How many times do you workout a week and for how long?
How long it took to you to see any progress?
How do you avoid injuries?